Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) course
Ionactive RPS training courses are designed for individuals who will likely be appointed as an RPS, or for those who are already appointed in the role, but require a refresher. They are also suitable for those who are not appointed, but require training to a recognised UK standard. These courses are designed for UK delegates although overseas delegates are welcome to attend. The course is designed to meet the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17) and environmental radioactive substances regulation.
- Mon, 25 Mar 2019 - Tue, 26 Mar 2019
- Tue, 07 May 2019 - Wed, 08 May 2019
- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 - Thu, 20 Jun 2019
All our UK training takes place at Missenden Abbey, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire UK HP16 0BD, just 30 minutes west of London by car.
The two day course is suitable for all users of ionising radiation (X-Ray and radioactive sources)
£556 plus VAT
Includes colour personalised training material, en-suite accommodation, course meals, test and a certificate.
Please register your interest using the form below, or contact us for more details or to book by email. Let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements or anything else we should know to make your training experience as enjoyable as possible.
Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) course enquiry form
To make an enquiry regarding Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) course, please complete this form.
UK training venue
All our UK training takes place at Missenden Abbey, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire UK HP16 0BD, just 30 minutes west of London by car. En suite accommodation and meals are included.
Click here to plan your route
What's included in the RPS Course?
Radiation safety courses may sound daunting to begin with, but need not be. The training environment helps which is why we have been at Missenden Abbey for over 10 years. Modern training rooms, nice food, a comfortable bed and wonderful grounds to explore feature.
- Nature of ionising radiations and their interactions
- The biological effects of radiation
- Quantities (dose, dose rate, activity, half-life)
- Measurements (monitoring, dosimetry, instrumentation)
- The external and internal radiation hazard
- Radiation risk assessments
- Principles (time, distance, shielding, containment)
- Personal protective equipment
- The Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17)
- Local Rules and the Radiation Protection Supervisor
- Contingency plans (what to do when things go wrong)
The following key topics are included.
Who should attend Ionactive RPS training?
Our courses are designed for all, regardless of the type of radiation source being used. The advantage is that delegates will learn from each other and understand their own sources in context, by comparing with their fellow delegates. It's a great way to understand radiation risk.
Food and Beverage
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
We will be pleased to design a radiation safety course to your exact requirements.
Please visit our bespoke training page.