We offer a range of radiation safety assessment, monitoring and shielding design services. These are based on our knowledge and experience obtained over many years of working with a diverse range ionising radiation sources. Services include the statutory leak (wipe) test of radioactive sources, workplace monitoring and environmental assessments, critical examination of recently installed equipment, and radiological assessments. We have significant experience in the design of medical-related facilities (e.g. radiation shielding for linac, gamma knife, brachytherapy treatment areas and nuclear medicine). We also design shielding solutions for industrial sterilisation, radiography facilities and other high hazard radiation sources.
Assessment can include:
- Statutory wipe (leak) test of radioactive sources
- Workplace and environmental radiation and contamination monitoring
- Best Practical Means (BPM) / radiological assessment for radioactive materials and waste
- Critical examinations of x-ray equipment and equipment containing radioactive source
- Linear accelerator (etc) radiation shielding calculations and design
- REPPIR assessments
To make an enquiry regarding Assessment services, please complete this form.
What people think of Ionactive’s Assessment services
Sincere thanks, Mark, for the energy, enthusiasm, and, excellent, training, given to my site teams, for two very different decommissioning projects. The assistance and guidance, provided, through RA requirements, and your pragmatic RPA technical support, for both challenging projects – fume filter plant decommissioning and overall site decontamination, was central to the complete success achieved, against reasonable expectations.
– Peter Williams – Project Manager