Radiation Assessment services
Ionactive provides a range of radiation safety assessment, monitoring and shielding design services. These are based on our knowledge and experience obtained over many years of working with a diverse range ionising radiation sources.
Radiation assessments include:
- Statutory wipe (leak) test of radioactive sources
- Workplace and environmental radiation and contamination monitoring
- Best Practical Means (BPM) / radiological assessment for radioactive materials and waste
- Critical examinations of x-ray equipment and equipment containing radioactive source
- Linear accelerator (etc) radiation shielding calculations and design
- REPPIR assessments
- Radiation shielding assessment, working with ViewRay and GenesisCare for the installation of the MIRidian system into their site in Oxford.
- Radiation shielding design, calculation and critical examination work for GenesisCare and CSM+Architects for a radiotherapy installation in London.
- Site decommissioning (including workplace monitoring), transport and reestablishment on a new site, of a significant radioactive source facility in support of Smiths Detection.
- Radiation safety assessment and document production in support of x-ray systems used for security at the UAE Expo 2020 in Dubai.
- Radiation safety assessment for an e-beam facility in Slovenia in support of the operations of STERIS Applied Sterilisation Technologies.
- Radiation safety design support for a bespoke x-ray cable quality assurance system for use subsea around the world.
- Numerous radiation shielding designs and calculations in support of hospitals in the UK installing new or upgraded linear accelerators (linac) radiotherapy systems.
- Critical examinations of potentially high hazard radiation facilities including linear accelerators, brachytherapy rooms, gamma knife, industrial sterilisation and material processing etc.
- Initial shielding and radiation safety interlock design appraisal for the Elekta Unity radiotherapy MRI system (Unity).
- Radiation shielding design for a PET/CT facility (including prep rooms, dosing rooms and toilets etc).
- BPM (best practicable means) assessments for users of radioactive materials, and environmental assessments for radioactive waste accumulation & disposal for Brooklands, Pall, Smiths Detection, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine etc
- Radiation Protection Adviser and Radioactive Waste Adviser support for the decommissioning of the CONSORT reactor at the Imperial College Reactor Centre.
- Bespoke radiation shielding assessment for the installation of the Elekta Unity system in India.
- Statutory radioactive source wipe tests for numerous UK sites.
Radiation assessment services enquiry form
To make an enquiry regarding Radiation assessment services, please complete this form.
What people think of Ionactive’s Radiation assessment services
Sincere thanks, Mark, for the energy, enthusiasm, and, excellent, training, given to my site teams, for two very different decommissioning projects. The assistance and guidance, provided, through RA requirements, and your pragmatic RPA technical support, for both challenging projects – fume filter plant decommissioning and overall site decontamination, was central to the complete success achieved, against reasonable expectations.
– Peter Williams – Project Manager