Radiation Safety Awareness: X-ray quality assurance systems in the food industry course
This short course is suitable for quality assurance, engineering and supervisory roles within the food industry. It's perfect as an introduction to radiation safety awareness, as well as a refresher on the latest safety standards and practices. Completing this course will ensure your employer meets the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17).
£125 inc VAT
This course is not yet available to purchase
This course consists of approx 2 hours of learning, packed into 8 concise modules during which you will:
- Receive a brief introduction to x-ray quality assurance (XQA) systems
- Understand what ionising radiation (x-rays) are
- Understand the low radiation health risks from using XQA systems
- Note the principles used for radiation protection in the workplace
- Recognise how we monitor for radiation around the XQA systems (and what the results mean)
- Be aware of the content of radiation risk assessment
- Practice the requirements of Local Rules (the do's and the do not)
- Understand the role of the Radiation Protection Supervisor (who you may need to seek advice from)
Throughout this course we will present you with interactive quizzes and puzzles to aid your learning. At the end of this course, you will take a short test and receive a certificate if you pass successfully.
You tutor is Mark Ramsay, Radiation Protection Adviser for Ionactive Consulting Limited. If you have any difficulties with the course content please feel free to chat with your tutor using the inbuilt messaging.
To register your interest for our Radiation Safety Awareness: X-ray quality assurance systems in the food industry course, please complete this form.